Fabulous Forums.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the forum for the guild Fabulous of Spiral Knights

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Snarbolax Solo Speedrun!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hypnotio

Hypnotio

Snarbolax Solo Speedrun! Empty
PostSubject: Snarbolax Solo Speedrun!   Snarbolax Solo Speedrun! EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 12:54 am

Okay, I realize everyone's able to run the Snarbolax levels. But what if we made it a challenge to see who can sprint through them as fast as possible? It'd be a simple, quick guild event, free to enter and with a simple prize for the victors.

Here are my thoughts:

Date: A to-be-determined Saturday, using the game time as the official clock.
Rules: Participants solo the "Shadow of the Beast" mission, starting in the lobby. A judge will be sitting in the guildhall, observing the positions of the players through the Social tab. On their mark, players proceed top speed through the mission. The first one to reach depth 7, beat the Snarbolax, return to Haven and then join the guildhall will be the winner.
Prize: 10kcr (I will provide it), or whatever random accessories/money/materials people want to toss in. The more, the merrier!

And that's the basic outline. Now, I realize that people might cheat by reaching D7, then immediately leaving to Haven and claiming they won without beating the Snarbolax. Knowing this guild is an honest one, I hope we can all just keep things fair. XD However, if enough people vote to just do the 2 levels and go up immediately after reaching D7, we can do that too.

Many thanks, and I hope this becomes reality someday!
Back to top Go down
Fauxtrot

Fauxtrot

PostSubject: Re: Snarbolax Solo Speedrun!   Snarbolax Solo Speedrun! EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 9:11 pm

I was actually running an event like this by the other officers the other, other, other week I think. Unfortunately, there're a lot of problems that came up like the one you've mentioned..

Even though I have a lot of faith in the guild's honesty, we areeee hoping to patch up all the loop holes and what not in a snarby speed run and hope to make it as equal as possible for everyone -- and of course, throw a few curve balls while we're at it.
Back to top Go down
http://darlingdolly.tumblr.com
Flowchart

PostSubject: Re: Snarbolax Solo Speedrun!   Snarbolax Solo Speedrun! EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:08 pm

You can check in the event hub whether they actually beat the boss.
Back to top Go down
Issenthevampy
Admin
Issenthevampy

PostSubject: Re: Snarbolax Solo Speedrun!   Snarbolax Solo Speedrun! EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 3:26 am

^ Give this man a cookie faux noted your idea and were running tests now if that works out we should be able to do the event fairly easily.
Back to top Go down
https://fabulousguildforum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snarbolax Solo Speedrun!   Snarbolax Solo Speedrun! Empty

Back to top Go down

Snarbolax Solo Speedrun!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fabulous Forums. :: The Guild :: Guild Event Suggestions-
Jump to: